UPDATE: OUR POSTAGE HAS INCREASED FROM $10.50 TO $11.00. THIS IS BECAUSE AUSTRALIA POST HAS JUST INCREASED ITS PRICES.
JATOE sends our items out by EXPRESS POST. We find customers are happier if they receive their orders as quickly as possible. Some people will complain about $11.00, HOWEVER, JATOE pays out so much money because most people have orders that are 500 grams. Most of our postage costs between $14.95 and $24.95. We are only a small business and we charge very low prices for our products. $11.00 is the cheapest we can go.
I would really like you to read why I came up with the price of domestic postage for JATOE.
It is $11.00 and FREE SHIPPING for orders $150.00 and above. This is the best I could come up with.
I spend so much time worrying about what stock I'm bringing in; is the quality good enough; do the people who are making the products I sell have good working conditions; do any products hurt bunnies? (I love bunnies and one day I will get to hold one). It can be laborious, but I can sleep knowing I've done the right thing.
Australia Post keeps putting the price up for parcels. It is the 8th of November, 2016 and two weeks ago they put the prices up, again. They have also lengthened the delivery times. For example: Express Post no longer means overnight; it means 1-3 days.
I HAVE A CONSPIRACY THEORY: AUSTRALIA POST WANTS TO HARM ALL ONLINE BUSINESSES.
The one thing that keeps me up at night is the Postage Policy. It's one of those things that makes me have a sick feeling in my stomach. I've been doing some research so this has helped me come up with a price.
- I belong to so many Buy/Swap/Sell groups on Facebook and most women charge between $12 to $15;
- I have looked at terrible infomercials (I think I am emotionally scarred for life) and most of the postage is $14.95 or $19.95.
THINGS ABOUT JATOE THAT HELPED ME TO COME TO A PRICE FOR POSTAGE:
- So many of our items must be sent out in boxes, this includes, for example: our Pop Vinyls, our Disney Britto and our jewellery;
- The postage times to Western Australia and Tasmania are hitting almost 2 weeks and that is not acceptable for people to be waiting for a parcel - we have to use Express Post for those two States;
- We want our products to get out to you as soon as possible;
- JATOE is based in a tiny village, that does have a Post Office, run by the absolutely gorgeous, Katrina (I would have failed in my online stores without this woman!), we don't have a postman and I'm trying to get e-Parcel. At the moment that's not available to me.
It's the best I can do. JATOE is still a small business and even at $12.25, we are going to subsidize most postage for handbags, Pop Vinyls and Disney Britto.
Our handbags have to go out in a 5 kilogram satchel. For normal post it is $17.15, for Express it is $24.95. All handbags have to go into a 5 kilogram satchel as it is the only one big enough to cope with all of the packaging we have to do to protect your handbags.
Someone buying multiple pairs of Hot Chocolate Design Shoes - again, $17.15 or $24.95.
What does my $11.00 pay for?
The postage. It is as simple as that. If your item is can be sent for a lesser price, we upgrade you to Express Post. We try to use Express Post as much as possible.
Do you charge a shipping and handling fee?
No, we don't. We do not charge for our boxes, our wrapping, our packaging, our satchels. We simply charge for the postage.
Love you, mean it!